What Does Getting an Implant and Crown Involve?
- The first step in getting an implant is having a titanium post placed into the bone socket of the missing tooth.
- As your jawbone heals, it will grow around the post and securely anchor it. This usually takes from six to twelve weeks.
- When the jawbone has completed growing around the implant, an abutment is attached to the post. The abutment is basically a platform to hold the crown.
- An impression of your teeth will then be made to make a model of your bite, which includes teeth, their type, and how they are arranged.
- Your new tooth or crown is then made based on the model of your teeth.
- The crown is attached to the abutment and you are as good as new.
Once the procedure has been completed you will be amazed at how well your new tooth looks and feels like the real thing. Since the procedure is permanent you will never have to worry about the problems associated with missing teeth ever again. Please call us today for more information regarding crowns on implants.
BOOK APPOINTMENT Call 604-876-4537